FURTHER UPDATE
VW have ordered a new Catalytic Converter which is due to be fitted tomorrow.
I guess only then will they test it on their own equipment and get a result. Fingers crossed the problem will be solved!
I’m assuming they will have run their own tests to provide evidence for the ...
Search found 6 matches
- Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:03 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
- Replies: 28
- Views: 12731
- Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:59 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
- Replies: 28
- Views: 12731
Re: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
UPDATE
VW Main Dealer has looked at the car today and are initially suspecting the catalytic converter is faulty/has failed.
They have sent their report and a copy of the MOT failure result to VW Technical department and are awaiting a response. If they get approval from VW Warranty/Technical they ...
VW Main Dealer has looked at the car today and are initially suspecting the catalytic converter is faulty/has failed.
They have sent their report and a copy of the MOT failure result to VW Technical department and are awaiting a response. If they get approval from VW Warranty/Technical they ...
- Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:27 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
- Replies: 28
- Views: 12731
Re: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
Thanks for the replies.
To confirm I did take the car for a drive before going to the MOT centre, so engine had been running 15-20 minutes and coolant was up to temperature and engine oil was around 90° indicated on the dash. When I arrived at MOT centre I left the engine running, it went straight ...
To confirm I did take the car for a drive before going to the MOT centre, so engine had been running 15-20 minutes and coolant was up to temperature and engine oil was around 90° indicated on the dash. When I arrived at MOT centre I left the engine running, it went straight ...
- Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:46 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
- Replies: 28
- Views: 12731
Re: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
I’ve been a VW driver for about 17 years but recently defected to a Volvo XC40.
Before that I had Mk7 Golf GTD, Mk7 Golf GTE, Scirocco R, Mk 5 Golf GTI and a Lupo GTI. Never had a MOT failure in that time, so never expected the Polo to fail!
Before that I had Mk7 Golf GTD, Mk7 Golf GTE, Scirocco R, Mk 5 Golf GTI and a Lupo GTI. Never had a MOT failure in that time, so never expected the Polo to fail!
- Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:39 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
- Replies: 28
- Views: 12731
Re: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
To be honest I rarely drive the car and have no idea what MPG my wife has been getting.
I’ve just asked and she said it has seemed thirsty recently.
She does a 35-45 minute commute twice a day mainly out of town/B-roads. I did think that it wasn’t as efficient as I’d expected. But as the last ...
I’ve just asked and she said it has seemed thirsty recently.
She does a 35-45 minute commute twice a day mainly out of town/B-roads. I did think that it wasn’t as efficient as I’d expected. But as the last ...
- Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:07 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
- Replies: 28
- Views: 12731
Re: 2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI fails first MOT on CO2 emissions
My wife’s 2016 Polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion failed its first MOT this morning, also on the emissions tests.
The failures were on both the Fast Idle Test and Second Fast Idle Test , it passed the Natural Idle Test.
Readings were CO 1.44 % vol (anything over 0.20 is a fail. And Lambda 0.963 a pass is ...
The failures were on both the Fast Idle Test and Second Fast Idle Test , it passed the Natural Idle Test.
Readings were CO 1.44 % vol (anything over 0.20 is a fail. And Lambda 0.963 a pass is ...