Search found 3 matches

by JH26
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:12 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Car won't go into gear when engine is on
Replies: 4
Views: 2990

Re: Car won't go into gear when engine is on

Ok will do, thanks so much for your help. Took it for a good 20 minute drive today and it was completely fine.
by JH26
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Car won't go into gear when engine is on
Replies: 4
Views: 2990

Re: Car won't go into gear when engine is on

How would I go about replacing that? Is it a job I can do or is it a safer bet to get a mechanic to do it for me? I got in the car this morning and turned the engine on and the gears were completely fine again, only sat in the car for a few minutes as I didn't want to risk taking it for a drive.
by JH26
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:59 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Car won't go into gear when engine is on
Replies: 4
Views: 2990

Car won't go into gear when engine is on

Hi, as title shows my car suddenly won't go into gear when the engine is on and the only way to change gears is to really force it or to turn the car off. However if I put it into first and then turn the car on it tries to pull away. (2011 Polo 6r 1.4). Any help is greatly appreciated.