Search found 2 matches

by bigcatface
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:28 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Power loss after cambelt change
Replies: 2
Views: 576

Re: Power loss after cambelt change

From reading around I do suspect that I could be 1 tooth out on the crank gear. Will report back when I get a chance to look
by bigcatface
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:45 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Power loss after cambelt change
Replies: 2
Views: 576

Power loss after cambelt change

Recently I changed the cam belt on my 1.4 mk5 polo (engine CGGB) and the car is now down on power. Symptoms are pointing towards retarded timing (I had used a cam lock however I may have knocked the crank pulley?) but there is no engine warning light. Is there a funny grey zone where there could be ...