Search found 10 matches
- Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:41 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Hi everyone, just thought I’d give you an update as I appear to have had some success. Last Saturday I removed the rear ABS sensors and gave both them and the contacts a good clean with contact cleaner. I then used the handheld diagnostic tool to clear the fault code and re-calibrated the tyre ...
- Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:51 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Morning guys, thank you both for getting back to me and with such detailed responses. This kind of info is why I joined this forum in the first place! I will contact a local VW dealer and explain the situation as you have described. If they are willing to submit a tech request to VW mothership then ...
- Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:36 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Hi everyone, just an update following an inspection of the front ABS sensors. I took the front two out (after much difficulty as they were seized). Gave them a thorough clean, including the contacts but this has made no difference. Considering doing the same to the rear ones and then if that doesn’t ...
- Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:10 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
So my dad has just been to a local independent garage to have his car ran through an MOT. He asked the mechanic there what he thought of this fault and supposedly it’s fairly common on VWs. He suggested over-inflating the tyres by 2-3 PSI and running the car to see if the fault goes away on it’s own.
- Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:20 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Hi guys, I have double checked the two new tyres and they are the same as what were previously on the car in terms of size (185/60/15). They are also at factory spec pressure (38PSI front/35PSI back). Funny you mention that, I’ve had a very similar experience. Increasing tyre pressure always sets ...
- Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:16 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Thanks iichel, I couldn’t find the specific TSB online so I contacted VW to ask them about it directly. I’m paraphrasing but I was told something along the lines of “No info on this, take the car to a VW dealer”. Very helpful. I’m going to physically inspect the ABS sensors to see if there’s any ...
- Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:42 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
The display pops up with “Tire pressure monitoring display not available” followed by the code above. Yeah, I’ve had one too many bad experiences with them to consider going back.
- Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:22 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
So after plugging in an Ancel VD500 diagnostic tool I bought from Amazon, I was able to identify the fault code.
‘C1146F0’
Unfortunately, the tool wasn’t able to clear the code. I’ve tried multiple times but the warning light is still present after the tool reads “error code cleared”.
What’s my ...
‘C1146F0’
Unfortunately, the tool wasn’t able to clear the code. I’ve tried multiple times but the warning light is still present after the tool reads “error code cleared”.
What’s my ...
- Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:30 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
Re: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Thanks for getting back to me, the TPMS light is the only warning light displayed on the dash. I did go back to the garage and query the fault with the fitters but they said much the same as you in that the system works via the ABS sensors so the tyre swap is unlikely to be the root cause. I suppose ...
- Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:33 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13573
TPMS Fault Error - Flashing Symbol on Dash
Hi Everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum so if this post is in the wrong section please let me know. To cut a long story short, I recently had two new front tyres fitted to my Polo. All seemed well until a few days after fitting when the TPMS light began flashing, the manual tells me that this is ...
I'm brand new to this forum so if this post is in the wrong section please let me know. To cut a long story short, I recently had two new front tyres fitted to my Polo. All seemed well until a few days after fitting when the TPMS light began flashing, the manual tells me that this is ...