Search found 6 matches

by Tom23
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:03 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins
Replies: 8
Views: 2611

Re: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins

Managed to get the box off. Few pointers for folks:

An engine support beam with double hooks helps a lot! One for the engine, one for the box. That DSG is a heavy b*stard, very difficult to manoeuvre around the subframe. CarbonChaos above was spot on, subframe need not be removed for this job.
Left ...
by Tom23
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins
Replies: 8
Views: 2611

Re: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins

Does the left drive shaft have to come off completely with this method? Also the power steering pipes?
by Tom23
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:17 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins
Replies: 8
Views: 2611

Re: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins

CarbonChaos wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:03 pm of course its a whole heap easier with the subframe removed but imo its not necassary , the manual box is no problem ,the DSG is awkward and heavy .
Perfect, I'll get to work then.
by Tom23
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:56 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins
Replies: 8
Views: 2611

Re: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins


you wont need to remove the front subframe to remove the gearbox , manual or dsg


I have 2 workshop manuals (VAG and Haynes), and both mentioned dropping the subframe. Just to clarify, it's a Polo 2012 1.4l petrol with a 7 speed DSG. So you're saying there's actually enough room to remove the ...
by Tom23
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:24 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins
Replies: 8
Views: 2611

Re: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins

amer6R wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:16 pm what about marking the position of subframe using a marker?
I don't know, is it doable?
by Tom23
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:49 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: T10486/1 subframe alignment pins
Replies: 8
Views: 2611

T10486/1 subframe alignment pins

I need to drop the subframe so I can do some work on the gearbox, and I see there are a total of 4 alignment pins used for this job: 2x T10096 and 2x T10486/1 .

T10096 are readily available from Laser, Nielsen, US Pro etc., but I can't seem to find the T10486/1 ones.

Does anybody know where to ...