Finally did it!!!! All sorted now 🎉 For some reason when I pressed test then held the open button for a few seconds then pressed save it didn’t work but when I held the button in and kept it pressed while pressing save it worked 🤷🏻♂️
Huge thank you to ‘iichel’ and ‘ciclo’ for your help, support ...
Search found 14 matches
- Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:32 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
- Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:34 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Hello, I have now changed the BCM and the lights all now work!!! 🎉
The only issue I have now is trying to recode the key fobs on the new BCM, when I go into the adaptation option and change the number to 1 or 2, press test the press the unlock buttons nothing happens and the test and save options ...
The only issue I have now is trying to recode the key fobs on the new BCM, when I go into the adaptation option and change the number to 1 or 2, press test the press the unlock buttons nothing happens and the test and save options ...
- Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:21 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Is there a way to check it? In the car or out of the car?
Would I have to just get a replacement to try it?
Would it be a straight swap? Would the part numbers have to match?
I have had the BCM out and taken it apart to look for signs of damage / burnt parts but it all looked ok
Thanks for taking ...
Would I have to just get a replacement to try it?
Would it be a straight swap? Would the part numbers have to match?
I have had the BCM out and taken it apart to look for signs of damage / burnt parts but it all looked ok
Thanks for taking ...
- Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:59 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Yes, I have checked a few times just to be sure!!! (Hoping for a different outcome!!
)
- Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:52 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Just checked the fuse and it is ok, there is also 12v at the fuse terminal 
- Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:14 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Hi Just an update on where I am at
I have had the car on a diagnostic reader which initially came up with 11 faults!! This was probably down to what I had disconnected and reconnected, once these had been reset only 1 fault code remained with only the light bulb illuminated on the dashboard.
The ...
I have had the car on a diagnostic reader which initially came up with 11 faults!! This was probably down to what I had disconnected and reconnected, once these had been reset only 1 fault code remained with only the light bulb illuminated on the dashboard.
The ...
- Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:08 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:30 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Do you know where the wire from pin 65 goes to so I can test that please?
Also do you have a wiring diagram for the rear / side lights similar to this one for headlight switch pin:-
viewtopic.php?p=601035&sid=58f7e9533a97 ... a0#p601035
Thanks again for the help
Also do you have a wiring diagram for the rear / side lights similar to this one for headlight switch pin:-
viewtopic.php?p=601035&sid=58f7e9533a97 ... a0#p601035
Thanks again for the help
- Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:22 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Do either of you have a wiring diagram similar to this post
viewtopic.php?p=601011#p601011
But for the rear and side lights so I can find where the voltage drop is please
viewtopic.php?p=601011#p601011
But for the rear and side lights so I can find where the voltage drop is please
- Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:03 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Is pin 66 going into the BCM? What would be the pin for output? Just so I can check for voltage to rule that out for the fault please
- Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:32 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
No not added anything like that, changed the radio March last year to a Sony using correct wiring harnesses but that is working fine. The interior lights stopped working first around Sept then the rear and side lights recently.
T73a/66? Is that the back of the fuse box? Do you know what colour the ...
T73a/66? Is that the back of the fuse box? Do you know what colour the ...
- Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:45 am
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
I have put the battery on charge today but it seems to be in good condition. I connected an obd device and cleared a fault code (forgot to note it down in excitement 🤦🏻♂️) this has removed the tire pressure warning light. So it is just the bulb light and airbag light that remain on.
I have removed ...
I have removed ...
- Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
Re: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Thanks for replying 👍🏼
- I have previously checked the condition on the light switch (taken apart) the wires also look ok. When turning on the dash and switch lights come on as well as the headlights and fog lights
- I have checked the fuse with a multimeter all ok
- With regards to the headlight ...
- I have previously checked the condition on the light switch (taken apart) the wires also look ok. When turning on the dash and switch lights come on as well as the headlights and fog lights
- I have checked the fuse with a multimeter all ok
- With regards to the headlight ...
- Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:44 pm
- Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
- Topic: 6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6872
6R Rear lights, side lights and interior lights not working
Hi can anybody help please?
The rear lights, side lights and interior lights on my 2013 6R Polo are not working. The bulb light on the instrument display is on, I have checked all the bulbs and all the fuses, could the fault be with the light switch or BCM? How can I test these? Is there something ...
The rear lights, side lights and interior lights on my 2013 6R Polo are not working. The bulb light on the instrument display is on, I have checked all the bulbs and all the fuses, could the fault be with the light switch or BCM? How can I test these? Is there something ...