Search found 10 matches

by prospero
Thu Apr 24, 2025 1:37 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

I've had use of a dongle ODB connected to a phone app - no faults other than archived entries.

Oh well, off to he money pit.
by prospero
Mon Apr 21, 2025 7:50 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

Thanks

This old ODB doesn't list any codes to clear - the console lists the tyre and the left dipped headlight. The connectors for the bulb really look like new but there is no voltage there. The battery contacts look good.

If I need a more up-to-date diagnostic tool then I suppose I should go to ...
by prospero
Mon Apr 21, 2025 1:30 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

So does anyone know how we can fix the original dippred headlight fault? The (old) ODB does not show any error codes but the damn tyre warning is back.

If it has to be a professional fix then so be it but I'd like to make sure I've exhausted any cheaper solutions. I've read enough about the BCM to ...
by prospero
Sun Apr 20, 2025 6:12 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

Thanks again.

In fact shorting the leads has got rid of the tyre warning - just didn't take the dipped headlamp fault with it.

I have a BMW with run-flat tyres and TPMS has been a bit of a pain. At my last service the garage wanted to replace both rear TPMS units at a silly cost simply because ...
by prospero
Sun Apr 20, 2025 12:58 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

I did try the 10 minutes battery disconnect but not the shorting. Losing fuel consumption data would certainly not be concern to my wife so I may try that.

The other odd thing is that I can't get rid of a tyre pressure warning. I think one tyre must have a slightly dodgy valve as we get these ...
by prospero
Sun Apr 20, 2025 10:43 am
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

Thanks, that was it and that was the first fuse I removed to check but it wasn't the one I intended to check - never mind, too long a story. Thanks so much though.

Now to sort out the light though it looks as if a BCM issue is not for the likes of me to fix.
by prospero
Sun Apr 20, 2025 10:36 am
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

Thanks for the information on those fuses - will try that now.
by prospero
Sun Apr 20, 2025 10:07 am
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

I've been through the list of fuses on this site and compared to ours. The only that looks to me somewhat odd is 30A in position 8 which is for a dual clutch gearbox. The rating is right so maybe that's a red herring.

I've borrowed an OBD and it gets a code P025C related to the fuel pump module ...
by prospero
Sun Apr 20, 2025 8:59 am
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Re: Left dipped headlight issue

Thanks.

There was only really one fuse that I wasn't sure where it came from as I thought I had taken out a different one. Sounds mad I know but I am getting on a bit.

I did a lot of 'Googling' yesterday and that is the first time I've seen mention of the BCM - I wish that had appeared earlier ...
by prospero
Sat Apr 19, 2025 4:06 pm
Forum: MK8 and MK9 (6R/6C) Polo (inc GTI) - Years 2009-2017
Topic: Left dipped headlight issue
Replies: 18
Views: 5062

Left dipped headlight issue

Hello, my first post as this is about my wife's 2016 reg 1.2 TSI

I replaced a bulb in this today but it didn't fix the issue - in fact both bulbs tested OK. So my next thought was fuses (no voltage at the bulb holder) but a general Google search brought up much confusing information, the most ...