Check here for Important Forum Information
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

GTI International 2006

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Letter received from Autometrix 18/06/2005:

GTI International 2006

Bentwaters Parks, Nr Ipswich has not proved a popular venue for GTI International. I know that many of you find its location rather remote and we have not been blessed with good weather for the past two years. Because of this, we are making two major changes.

Next year, GTI International will be held at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground. This is close to Junction 20 of the M1 and is within easy access of most of the big cities. The proving ground is used by many motoring magazines for high-speed runs, and this has made the name familiar to the public. The site has a permanent go-kart track and an interesting aircraft museum, providing more interest for families.

We are also moving the event to a later date and, next year, it will be held over the weekend of the 17/18th June. This will have two benefits: the weather is likely to be better and it will avoid clashing with the GTI festival in Austria.

I think that you will find that Bruntingthorpe is not only more accessible, but it will also allow us to organise the trade, club display and exhibition area much closer to the Sprint and other driving activities.

Full-Page advertisements about the new date and venue will shortly appear in all the major Volkswagen magazines and a large-scale programme of advertising and promotion will be set in motion in the first part of 2006.

Having spoken to a few clubs already, we know that some members have already booked their accommodation, therefore, we would be grateful if you could please circulate the details of GTI International 2006 to your club members.

Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you at `Inters` in 2006.

Yours sincerely

Sally Appleby
Event Co-Ordinator
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Sounds good to me...I like change!
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

They were the main concerns for me and I guess all those who made it these past two years and I'm glad they have addressed the issues, hopefully this will make a difference...roll on 2006 show season...I'm still off to Worthersee though! Any of you lot fancy joining us?
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

sounds good! 8)