Rear washer

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
charliec125
Getting There!

Rear washer

Post by charliec125 »

My rear window washer has stopped spraying water, I can hear it working and when i look water is coming out by the boot lock.
My quick question was does the 'door card' looking bit on the back pop off like normal door cards?
Has anyone else experienced this?
Regards
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Rear washer

Post by Tim_GTi »

Your pipe must have split. don't use it anymore to avoid any further damage with the boot lock or alarm.

There are to torx head bolts in the handles of the bootlid, undo them then just carefully pry off the plastic panel
chrisfoster1971
New

Post by chrisfoster1971 »

Looks like mine has got the same problem. So going to removal the door card and check for splits etc.

Are the rear wiper assembly easy to come by ? As ours doesn't have a cover/ bolt cover for the nozzle section etc
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Waht du mean easy to come by? As in find a spare? Must be pretty easy as alot of people have de-rear wipered. me included
ghorne
New

Post by ghorne »

had this problem on mine dudes, was the pipe that had came off the wiper connection. easy to fix, if i remember correctly the panel with the handle in the boot just came off without much effort. fired the hose back on and hey presto!