Where are your spare keys?

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
john.p.clegg
Bronze Member

Where are your spare keys?

Post by john.p.clegg »

I suppose this may or may not belong here in the DIY section but......

Where are your spare keys?in the kitchen drawer?,bedside cabinet?etc. etc.....well they are no use there when you loose your keys miles away from home......I hid mine on the outside of the car only to find that three months later in this climate of ours the remote was damp and U/S......so plan B is to have a spare plastic key cut and hide that somewhere on the outside of the car and secrete the spare keys (and remote) in the inside of the car....now I'm not going to tell you where as you might want to pinch it....but I will no longer be locked out of my car if I lose my keys....

Happy days

John :wink:
JCT 1991
Bronze Member

Re: Where are your spare keys?

Post by JCT 1991 »

This seems a very risky move !
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

JCT 1991 wrote:This seems a very risky move !
same
john.p.clegg
Bronze Member

Post by john.p.clegg »

Not risky at all....how many scumbags search high and low over a car they want to nick to try and find a hidden spare key ????

If they smash the glass or jemmy the door,how many scumbags are going to search the car high and low to see if the owner has hidden his spare keys somewhere inside ???

Two and a half years on and I've not had my car nicked....been locked out many times but only for a couple of minutes till I get my spare key...

John :) :)
jbh110tdi
New

Post by jbh110tdi »

only time Ive ever been locked out the car is when the wife locked the keys in the boot of our old mk4 golf.
I wasnt locked out it for long a quick phonecall to borrow a jack, booster pack and a few bits of wire and I was back in the golf with no damage..
but thats another thing I wouldn't declare over the internet :wink: