Removal of boot badge 6R

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
JCT 1991
Bronze Member

Removal of boot badge 6R

Post by JCT 1991 »

Quick guide of how to remove badge

for starters there are two screws in the interior handles which need removing use a T27 bit
after taking these out the plastic trim will then pull of as shown below its just a number or clips
the clips are quite tough it doesn't feel nice to when pulling on it but a good yank will be ok
start in the top corners and work round use the handles.
then you'll get a good view of the back of the boot badge,

its basically held on with three cap head bolts T27 bit again and then twist anticlockwise as its also held on place by a latch
then remove the socket.
remove the badge be careful when doing this not to drop it.

now you should be able to see the light
i was then stumped after this as i realised i couldn't open the boot but don't worry after a small panic i remembered i had an open boot button on the key fob haha

then you may do what you wish to your badge i Plasti dipped mine just incase i didn't like it or changed my mine but i defiantly do.
Imagenow follow the steps in reverse to box it back up.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Removal of boot badge 6R

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Why didn't you just remove the VW emblem?

This guy had plastidippet his white. But that's not important.

Leave your hatch locked as not to open it accidentally while trying to remove emblem.
The bottom of the hatch handle has a little hole that allows you to insert credit card in through there.

You don't need to apply a lot of pressure, work the credit card around the outer ring of the emblem be careful with the clips!

At this point the Badge should be almost completely remove which will allow you to use your fingers to completely remove now.

Repaint or click on a new badge. Job done.