Steel Wheels Wanted For Polo GTI

Request Polo related stuff! - Threads Automatically Deleted if no reply within 28 days. BUMP once every 14 days if necessary.
yorkshire devil
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.8GTI

Steel Wheels Wanted For Polo GTI

Post by yorkshire devil »

I'm after a set of steels or cheap alloys for a 2015 polo 1.8 gti. I'm wanting to fit snow tyres 215 40 17 which I have just need some rims/alloys.

Message me whatever you have got or ring me on 07468 056160
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Steel Wheels Wanted For Polo GTI

Post by RUM4MO »

I know that it is not what you are asking for, but have you ever considered going down to 16" and fitting a slightly narrower and higher tyre to give you proper grip in winter?

I took my wife's Polo SEL down to 15" VW alloys for winter use and that car has 288mm front discs with ATE callipers, I could have fitted these 15" alloys with 195 winter tyres, but chose 185 as that is the VW preferred winter tyre size for that car, so I have kept the insurers very happy.

I dropped my Audi S4 down to 18" for winter use and both carS use Michelin Alpins, or Pilot Alpine in the case of the S4.

I've been using "one size down" winter tyres/wheels for the past 10 years or so, they do make quite a difference to staying mobile and heading in the right direction and stopping in the required distance!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Re: Steel Wheels Wanted For Polo GTI

Post by Willni »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:55 pm I know that it is not what you are asking for, but have you ever considered going down to 16" and fitting a slightly narrower and higher tyre to give you proper grip in winter?

I took my wife's Polo SEL down to 15" VW alloys for winter use and that car has 288mm front discs with ATE callipers, I could have fitted these 15" alloys with 195 winter tyres, but chose 185 as that is the VW preferred winter tyre size for that car, so I have kept the insurers very happy.

I dropped my Audi S4 down to 18" for winter use and both carS use Michelin Alpins, or Pilot Alpine in the case of the S4.

I've been using "one size down" winter tyres/wheels for the past 10 years or so, they do make quite a difference to staying mobile and heading in the right direction and stopping in the required distance!
Winter tyres always seem like why did I waste my money on these, until you get an oh Sh!£ moment and they save you, forget what ones I use I got my tyre guy to get me the best he thought, £200 all in and definitely saved me twice.

Anyway , instead of steel wheels why not get an actual set of alloys that why it don't annoy you just as much in winter I know I didn't like look at my 15inches in winter but better than fitting the bbs'