Ok just to double check

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
alexb
Bronze Member

Ok just to double check

Post by alexb »

Im taking off my door cards today to paint the grab handles and have a look at the speakers....

as far as im aware i just relese the screw at the hinge end of the door, then prise the door off from round the edges.

Is this about right?

Alex
ooo
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

There are three screws to remove, the small stubby one at the corner of the door, then you need to prise off the cover on the grab handle and then undo the two screws hidden under here - then you can unclip all the way around.

Unplug any wire plugs behind the door card and then its free to come off. I like to unscrew the door knob plastic piece too first, so it is easier to take it away from door
alexb
Bronze Member

Post by alexb »

So i actually have to remove the grab handles too????

By prising them off?

Do you mean the chrome door handle that actually opens the door or the larger longer door grab handle?
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

The longer one, if you look close, the middle bit can be prised off, the rest of the grab handle stays in place, but under the cover are two screws
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

ICEYPOLO wrote:ok first thing to do is remove the insert in the door handle (sort of upside down 'L' shape) by prising the top free first with a tiny screwdriver/similar and then work the bottom free because this is fairly tightly stuck in with a plastic 'plug'. this is the only part that comes off the door card.

then if i remember rightly thers two gold headed screws to undo... then unscrew the door pin to make it easier.

at the top corner near the tweeter housing there's a small screw with a 'felt' covering on the head, you'll need a stubby posi drive to undo this.

then you just need to unpop the door card off the 7/8 plastic lugs, start at one corner and work around....

then pull the silver door opener as if getting out the car and you can pull the door card away to undo the leccy windows/central locking...

hope this helps

Scott
smokeGTI wrote:incase you really want to take it off...

unscrew the only screw,then take off the handle cover, there are
two more screws, after that , just pull the door card out start from the lower both
conners, then upper.

careful for the door lock pin, need to press it down and lift the door
card to unhook it.
and pull the door pull to almost 90 degree,
then the door card will come out.