how much paint would i need for a wing

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
titch
Bronze Member

how much paint would i need for a wing

Post by titch »

i need to get a new wing, just wandering how much paint i would need for the wing? also what other stuff would i need for painting it?
taylor
New

Post by taylor »

I really wouldnt spray it yourself!!! I spray surfboards and have done loads of car stuff its bloody hard work especially if you have a panel side by side.... If your car is Flash Red!!! def. get sprayed professionally, the pigment in red fades thats why you have pink polos!

Silver is a @£$%*!! too as it needs to be sprayed in a particular ' grained' direction otherwise you get patches and tone variations!!!

Get it done with some other mods like spoiler or something to make it worth while!!!!
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

as above
do not attempt to do any 'panels' on your car unless you know someone in the business!
you could get away with colour-coding splitters, door-handles etc but thats about it!

-Ben-
titch
Bronze Member

Post by titch »

i wasnt going to do it myself, just wanderring how much paint i would need
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

About 250ml if using 2k or cellulose, if that really. If your using 2k you'll also need 250ml of thinners, dunno the ratio for celly.

If metallic, then you need lacquer (if 2k), again no more than 250ml which would need 125ml activator and 37.5ml thinners.

Do it yourself you wimp, tis easy!
titch
Bronze Member

Post by titch »

right cheers, now should i get it sprayed before its fitted, or after its fitted?
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

always before its fitted

-Ben-
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

Depends if your doing it properly or on the cheap. If its been done properly then it should be sprayed on the car, and blended into the door and bonnet. Though this will cost lots more as they have to re-laquer the door and bonnet. They do this as no matter how good a paint mixer you have it will never be a perfect match.

Dependent on what colour car you have you should be able to get away with having it sprayed off the car. Which is a lot easier and cheaper. If its a black magic colour car get it sprayed on as this colour is a nightmare to match. I know from past experience!