Insurance Quotes

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
(PoLoBoI)
Sponsor
Location: Lancashire (drives a 1.0 mpi 6n2 in black with a seat front splitter)

Insurance Quotes

Post by (PoLoBoI) »

hey guys and gals im garaging my 1.0 e polo ready for my bro (at a price lol) but i have been gettin insurance quotes thru and im only 18 with 3 points dam speed camara anyways i have een quotted £1650 for a 1.9 sdi polo 6n2 which to me sounds quite gud but if anybody could give either advice on wat to do or could any1 tell me a decent insurance company cheers all tho its more for a GTI which i realyl want :evil: cheers
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

The quote for the SDI is a bit of a ripoff, to be honest.

Quinn Direct are meant to be good for young drivers, maybe you can also try putting a named driver like a parent/relative on your insurance, that should put it down a bit. My 17 yo brother's insurance is only about £470 for a L reg Micra, with my Dad as a named driver.

You could also have a look at Lupo's or Arosas. The insurance groups for them are lower, e.g. the Lupo/Arosa SDI is group 3, and the Mk5 Polo SDI is group 4/5. To be honest, the SDI's aren't the fastest cars around, the TDI's are much better.
(PoLoBoI)
Sponsor

Post by (PoLoBoI) »

cheers ollie i mite give them a try and i mite get priced on the tdi version but i dnt like the lil lupos and arosas ther not my cup of tea really im into polos thru and thru but thanx anyways i wanna make my own insurance rather than aving ma dads or mums but thats because they are to evil to help me out :evil: wat litre is a tdi polo btw cheers
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

I think you might possibly regret going for an SDi. People don't give them the nickname of "Slow Diesel Injection" for nothing.

For reference a TDi 6N2 is a 1.4, with 75bhp and 144 lb ft of torque.
mk5_sdi
Getting There!

Post by mk5_sdi »

tell me about it i just sold my 6n2 one and my wee sis and mum who i share with went and bought a 9n sdi even slower!!!! this thing wouldnt pll you out of bed!
(PoLoBoI)
Sponsor

Post by (PoLoBoI) »

ok thanx cheers il get a quote today on a TDI and whats the tuning capabilities on 1
(PoLoBoI)
Sponsor

Post by (PoLoBoI) »

i aint gunna bother i think erm its dearer than the SDI 1.9 ive been quoted 1,850 for the 1.4 TDI
darranwrx
Bronze Member

Post by darranwrx »

i paid about £380 fully comp for my GTi, but i'am over 21 :lol:
PD
Silver Member

Post by PD »

£1400 direct line - cheapest quote for me
POLO 1.4 16v S 6N2 2001

i am 18 held a licence for over a year now, no points.

its a rip off but 1650 for a 1.9sdi with 3points on your licence sounds good when you compare it to what i am paying.
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

I dunno if its the same engine but I have a MK4 1.9 diesel first year got well and truel scammed at over £2000, with one years no claims and no points Im now on £900. But yea I have to agree one super slow car. :(
darranwrx
Bronze Member

Post by darranwrx »

Seems some people are paying close to what they paid for there car in insurance :roll: So Glad im not 18 :)
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

darranwrx wrote:Seems some people are paying close to what they paid for there car in insurance :roll: So Glad im not 18 :)
Lol I payed more in insurance than I did for the Car :oops: