Fuel pump

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Girdla
New
Drives: 2001 1.4 se

Fuel pump

Post by Girdla »

Hi I'm new here so be nice :?

I've got a 6n2 1.4 se and it's on its 3rd fuel pump! I bought it as spare or repair thinking it was a dodgy fuel pump as the fuse was blown. So I bought a new one fired up straight away let it run for abit, parked it up went back the next day and......NOTHING! No humming sound from pump checked if there was power at the plug to pump and there was so went to scrap yard got another pump and fired straight up! Same again went back next day and nothing. Anyone had this problem? I've changed the fuel relay too and fully charged the battery, any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
willstubbs13
New
Drives: Vw polo 2001 6N2

Re: Fuel pump

Post by willstubbs13 »

Girdla wrote:Hi I'm new here so be nice :?

I've got a 6n2 1.4 se and it's on its 3rd fuel pump! I bought it as spare or repair thinking it was a dodgy fuel pump as the fuse was blown. So I bought a new one fired up straight away let it run for abit, parked it up went back the next day and......NOTHING! No humming sound from pump checked if there was power at the plug to pump and there was so went to scrap yard got another pump and fired straight up! Same again went back next day and nothing. Anyone had this problem? I've changed the fuel relay too and fully charged the battery, any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Best thing you can do is buy a brand new one any slight fault will cause it to blow the same thing happened to my polo but as soon as I bought a brand new one put it on and it was fine been a good year now and no signs of any problems good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Girdla
New

Post by Girdla »

Hmm dunno if I want spend all that money on a brand new incase it does the same as the other [emoji52]

willstubbs13
New
Drives: Vw polo 2001 6N2

Post by willstubbs13 »

Girdla wrote:Hmm dunno if I want spend all that money on a brand new incase it does the same as the other [emoji52]

I know it's a risk but there's not much other advise I can give apart from taking it to a vw garage and let them have a look even that may be costly

937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Post by 937carrera »

Try giving the "new" old pump a wash through / soak in diesel before fitting to the car. It will help remove any crud / rust which may have accumulated
Girdla
New

Post by Girdla »

I've stripped the last two pumps that have been fitted and both pumps are seized solid [emoji35][emoji35]