No Keys!!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Goiby
New
Drives: 6n2

No Keys!!

Post by Goiby »

Hi all!,

I am after some advice, i bought a 1.0 6n2 polo from my younger brother a couple of years ago with the idea of fixing the car up and selling it for profit. Now my baby sister beeds a car and this would be perfect

I bought it off him because he lost the keys and couldnt be assed to do anything with it. Now after a couple of years messing around with other projects I am getting around to sorting it out.

So my question is, without any keys how can I start the car? I can get into the car but I am wondering if I can buy a 2nd hand ignition barrel and key set, will that start the car? Or will I need the ecu to go with it?

I have spoken to my local VW dealership, they wanted to charge the earth but I also needed to deliver the car to them, which isnt ideal not being able to start the car :D

Anyways, any help you can give would be mega!

Cheers

Goiby
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: No Keys!!

Post by alexperkins »

You’ll need new keys, barrels, immobiliser and coil reader to uses different set of keys :)

To get VW to just make new keys and program them might be easier though. Its alot of effort switching it all over. Should be about £250-£300 max for new keys all done.

You wont be able to start it without having the immobiliser all linked up to the keys, even if the keys fit.