2001 1.4. Window and central locking problems

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Torian79
New
Drives: 2001 1.4 6n

2001 1.4. Window and central locking problems

Post by Torian79 »

Hi all,

I’m new and don’t really know much about cars so please bare with. So at first all the lights on the dash would randomly flash on and off. Car was driving fine. Then I noticed that every time I tried to lock the car from the passenger side, the windows would go down.... not a buggy just a pain having to put them back up again. Then my central locking stopped working and shortly after my window (drivers side) wouldn’t go down. Then it eventually went down on its own and wouldn’t go back up. At the same time the EPC light came on. Took it to the mechanic who had it a week. I’ve picked it up today and he’s said he changed the wires in the door for the window and showed me some circuit board thing that he said he changed. And he’s fixed the central locking.He’s said the lights are still flashing an but he’s checked everything and the car is fine. Ok so I paid the money (£323) and off I went. Windows working ok..great, EPC liGht still on but on he’s assured me everything is ok. I’ve parked up and tried to lock it from Re passenger side and the passenger window goes down 😩 so I go round and put the window up and try to lock it from the drivers side and the central locking doesn’t work and I have to do each door manually. I will go back and tell him it’s not working but I need to know a bit more as I don’t want to be fobbed off through lack of knowledge. Also please see attached what he’s charged me for.

Photos done in two as original was too big

Thanks in advance
Attachments
459DA320-0205-4BF2-8A38-950D2FB32EF1.jpeg
27895741-53FB-4701-A847-CF52FC9145EA.jpeg
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 2001 1.4. Window and central locking problems

Post by alexperkins »

Sounds like you have some earthing issues. Id go back to him as clearly it isnt fixed

Whats hes probbaly done is repair broken wires between the chassis and the door, and replaced the window regulator (inc motor) plus fitted a new ignition switch

The central locking pump may be faulty due to water damage (very common on these). EPC light shouldnt be on either. It needs to be scanned and the error codes troubleshooted.
ErginBajmaku
New

Re: 2001 1.4. Window and central locking problems

Post by ErginBajmaku »

Ive had the very same issue. detected fault on central locking pump board as it was wet, tried with a new one and it worked just fine, i guess you have the same problem.
I forgot to mention it cost me only 20 €, took it from an accidented 6n2.