DAMP !

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Johnathan fenech
New
Drives: 1.4CL VW POLO 1999

DAMP !

Post by Johnathan fenech »

I am having a really bad damp issues with my 1.4Cl 1999 vw polo. On rainy days the car just stalls or staggers. I have a loss of power and have to drive it for awhile before it starts to work properly.

This always seems to happen in the morning when there is a lot of damp in the air. I've had the spark plugs HT cables rotary arm and distributer cap changed. I've also sprayed the spark plugs and ht cables connection with a little WD40.

In the morning I've let it run for about 20 minutes but it always stalls on me at stand still.

I'm starting to worry this could be something big as I am running out of ideals. It's only done 64000 miles and the engine is in really good condition it will be a shame to see it go.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: DAMP !

Post by alexperkins »

Get the throttle body cleaned and reset, and a new air filter fitted and see if the problem goes away
Johnathan fenech
New
Drives: 1.4CL VW POLO 1999

Post by Johnathan fenech »

Brilliant I will give that a go . Do I need to dissconnect the battery when removing it ? Also is there anything I need to each out for when cleaning it ?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

It’ll need to be reset with VCDS or vag com. For a proper clean it’s fairly involved. Have you got a good independent garage you use?