Doing a clutch

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Hamza mostafa
New
Drives: 6n2 1.4 mpi 2000

Doing a clutch

Post by Hamza mostafa »

Hey guys, my car had a hard time going into gear. For example when I was driving and I wanted to change gears either 2nd to 3rd or vice versa it wouldn’t go into gear. I would let of the clutch a bit and it would slip into gear. I took it to a mechanics and they said that it needs a new clutch. Is this right and if it is, is it easy to do a clutch on the car or do I pay a mechanic to do it. It’s £445 to do it and I have already put that money in it getting it running ignoring the cost of the tax mot and insurance. I’m wondering if it easy to do it yourself and if it’s worth it as the car is worth about £400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SashaHS
New
Drives: Polo 6N2 1.4

Re: Doing a clutch

Post by SashaHS »

I'd Say there easy DIY on a Polo as clutch cable and linkage for gears isnt hard to take off and is easy to put on/off. If you're into cars and wanna learn than defo go ahead. :D
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Re: Doing a clutch

Post by 937carrera »

Doing a clutch on a 6N2 isn't too hard, getting the driveshaft nut off and the driveshaft out can be a minor pain.

Before you go that far have you tried adjusting the clutch cable. It could just be that - where is the biting point ?