Central locking start act weird

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
fv43576
New
Drives: 1.4 MPI

Central locking start act weird

Post by fv43576 »

Hi I am new of this forum, sorry my English is not my first language, my Polo 1.4MPI 2000 never had a issues for 18 years! till today the locker has decided not to work well what it should be. Here is when I fit a new battery in the engine upto maximum of 10 minute disconnect the battery, I use the fob key after finished the job to locked the door but it won't work as I have add new fob key battery does not make any different, so I checked the fuse all are fine. I went used the key in the hole on the driver side front door is locked but not on all other door still open.
When I press the interior lock button on the door all closed and the unlock button it unlocked all, I am confuse because I went other side of passenger front door use the key hole it unlock but try to lock it won't locked all doors.

The key it start with the engine no issue.
If the passenger side front door locker is fault would this effect all other locker?, I can hear the vacuum motor is function from the boot I have not got a clue where to start?
The reprogram fob key is mentioned in VAG forum, put the key in the ignition & turn to 2 but don't start the engine and hold the fob button for 5 second is this correct process?

Thanks
Fab.