Polo mk 3 interior

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
tezzadaman
New
Drives: Mk3 1ltr

Polo mk 3 interior

Post by tezzadaman »

Hi guys,
could anybody help me with a couple of things, just got my first car, polo 1.0, mk 3 (6n2) 2000, stood on a drive for 3 to 4 months started first flick, clutch virtually shot, no mot. Passed mot no issues, clutch replaced, outside looks great and drives really well. Problem is looks like they kept chickens in it and they were eaten by rats, mould all over the carpets, seats etc. Need to get it fit for human habitation so plenty to do. Looking on the net found some seats from a polo 6R 2014 also floor lining / mat. Does anyone know whether these would fit mine. Any advice / info gratefully received.
denniss112
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 MPI (6N2 - 2000)

Re: Polo mk 3 interior

Post by denniss112 »

First make sure you have the plastic plugs which hold the floot mat in. I have the same car(but the 1.4 mpi version) and mine where snapped off, and when you drive its in the way, I threw them in my trunk and maybe fix it later. You're welcome to pick the 4 floor matts up, but im from The Netherlands, so... kind of impossible.

Cant help with the seats, sorry.
tezzadaman
New
Drives: Mk3 1ltr

Post by tezzadaman »

Thank you for the offer of the mats but Holland may be a tad too far, I'll bear the plastic plugs in mind though,
Cheers!
Crofty
New

Post by Crofty »

Left hand drive and right hand drive mats would be different anyway
JohnGarland2001
New
Drives: 2001 6N2 Match 1.4 8v

Post by JohnGarland2001 »

The seat runners on the 6N2 are completely different to any polo after it. You can put newer seats in, but it requires modifications.

You could get a set of 6n2 gti or mk3 golf got seats and they’d go in fine