Keys spinning in lock, can’t open from inside sometimes!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Cnev01
New
Drives: 6N2 - 2002

Keys spinning in lock, can’t open from inside sometimes!

Post by Cnev01 »

Hi all,

I recently purchased my first car which is a lovely green 6n2. The car is mechanically sound although has a few issues with the doors and electrics. I cannot lock the car from the outside with the passenger door or drivers door, so currently I have to climb through the boot if I want to lock it!!!!!!!! I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about fixing this issue of the broken locks and if there were any eBay parts worth buying to fix this. I also might see what I can find at the wreckers. Other issues with the door include that sometimes I can’t open the door from the inside even if it is unlocked so if I crash the car is a bit of a death trap!!! I would love to do as much as I can myself as I want to save some money, any help would be greatly apprieciated :)

Charlie
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Keys spinning in lock, can’t open from inside sometimes!

Post by alexperkins »

Welcome

Id say you have two problems here

One is that the cast alloy paddle from the handle to the lock has been snapped, which is why you cannot lock or unlock it from outside

The other is the mechanism has an internal fault which is preventing you from opening it inside

The ebay parts for these are of poor quality, so best to pick up the paddle and associated parts from the dealer, and a lock from ebay/a breaker