Sport Air Filter 1.4 16V

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Trust
New
Drives: Mk5 6N2

Sport Air Filter 1.4 16V

Post by Trust »

Hi guys. I am trying and planning to install sport air filter into my Polo. I have got some ideas but I am not sure if its correct and I would like to help with it a bit. :) I am struggling how to sort hoses from oil and also from unburned fuel which goes back to air filter and burns once more again (also helps getting engine warm quicker). With that hose from oil to be honest I have no idea why is it there and what is it good for. :D

Blue circle is hose from unburned fuel which goes back to filter and burns again. What do you recon? I was thinking about blinding it and let all fuel and gas go to the exhaust and out. Wouldnt it be a problem in winter with cold start? Maybe it could take a lot longer to heat up the engine or anything else could cause a problem solving it this way? Any help or ideas about it?

Red circle is hose from oil. I would rather solve it through T join with one end to sport filter, other end to oil hose and last end to engine. Second idea is to install oil catch can bud I dont really know what it do and how it works. It would be good to make a sensor or something like that to indicate me how much there is catched oil and when to empty it. I could rather filter the oil and get it back to engine or just take it to recycle center and get rid of it.
Engine info: VW Polo 6N2 1.4 16V 55kw, year 2001, engine code AUA.

Thanks for any help or info! :) Also sorry if there is something wrong in grammar but I am from Slovakia and my English is not my native language. :D

PS: I dont have that dirty engine under the hood. Its all clean a fresh ready for some work :D
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Sport Air Filter 1.4 16V

Post by alexperkins »

Blue hose is just a warm air feed to assist with cold starts - doesnt really make much difference, and if you fit an air filter, it can be left removed.

Red is the crankcase breather. Either needs a breather filter on it, or a catch can plumbed into it - not a T piece
Luke_Timms
New
Drives: 6n2

Re: Sport Air Filter 1.4 16V

Post by Luke_Timms »

Catch can for this engine isn't really needed. Others have added induction kits hooking up to the throttle body, it needs routing round to the front of the car. Google 6n2 induction kit. There's one there with blue pipes. That's a 1.6 but same bits needed. I'm looking at doing this myself :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk