passenger side window not working.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
toxiclown
New

passenger side window not working.

Post by toxiclown »

hey,
so just noticed today my passenger side window isn't working from either controls. When pushing mine or the passengers side, there is a clicking sound like the mechanism is trying to work (I'm guessing here). But the window wont go down a bit confused as was fine the other day. if anybody has ideas id be grateful thanks :D
dajh
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 16v

Re: passenger side window not working.

Post by dajh »

I have a similar issue on my Polo. Drivers side windows won't go down but a clicking/popping sound happens when the switch is used. The passenger side works perfectly from the passenger switch but won't even click/pop from drivers switch.
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Post by 937carrera »

The door switches are regular failure items. If the window has become stuck to the rubber then the force required can become too much for the motor to move the glass as well. Separate the rubber and be prepared to lend a hand by having someone help to move the glass down.
Crofty
New

Post by Crofty »

The loom in the door is a notorious weak point, wires break with opening and closing the door, as VW didn't put enough slack in the wiring. Broken and shorted wiring causes all sorts of random issues, like central locking not working, and windows not working, sometimes the driver side, the passenger side or both. Switches are junk too.