Need help to find cause of my fan turning CRAZY

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
P0lI0
New
Drives: 6N2 2001

Need help to find cause of my fan turning CRAZY

Post by P0lI0 »

I’ve owned my first car which is the 999cc or the 1.0 litre 6n2 polo this year January. On February, I’ve been getting engine issues. Issues like my fan going crazy, ignition issues, stalling during idling, loss of power and my engine light switched on. Then after talking to my uncle, he always warned me about the cheap cruddy quality of ASDA’s petrol. After I was told this, putting a full tank of some v power cured all the symptoms except the part where the fan goes crazy and it took another full tank until it went away despite the mechanic saying I have an oxygen lamda sensor problem. ikr, wtf does a faulty sensor got to do with this. But then my uncles suggestion was confirmed after reading my manual and seeing that my problems went with the bad fuel.

Ever since, I’ve topped up shell at first, then learnt that tesco was good enough too.

Last month, out of desperation, I had to top up £5 of Asdas petrol. Then, not knowing that Texaco’s petrol quality may be similar to Asda’s I filled up another £20. And then the good old problems started again.However this time, I’ve been getting only 1 symptom, where the fan goes crazy only when I drive the car for a long while or floor it for a short while. Even after 2 full tanks of V-power, this fan problem was not going. Weirdly enough I didn’t experience the other initial symptoms of bad fuel but even the good fuel isn’t helping.

What makes it even more wierd is when the engine heats, the fan goes crazy to the point my damn sidemirrors start shaking and when it cools, the fan slows down back to normal.

I am very confused because although my problem may have been caused by bad petrol, I’m not sure whether thats the underlying cause of my problems now.

Whats even more weird is my coolant levels fine, and when the fan goes crazy I ‘suspect’ the engine overheats but according to my thermostat, my engines nice and normal.

So who is the criminal under my bonnet guys? :|
dipstr
Getting There!
Drives: 6n2 gti

Re: Need help to find cause of my fan turning CRAZY

Post by dipstr »

Fan control units go faulty on them. They can crack and let moisture in causing havoc with electrics

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk