Polo again sorry

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
PeterAbbott
New
Drives: 1.4 16v Auto 6n2 AUA

Polo again sorry

Post by PeterAbbott »

Hello All,
Really am stuck now. 1.4 Auto 6N2 AUA 2001. The little dear has only covered 60.000mls. Bit sentimental as it was my grandaughters. Now the fault is that it starts, no problem BUT as soon as the engine gets up to normal running temperature it just cuts out............no warning lamps up ! Wait a few minutes and she will start and run just for a couple of mins (upto temperature again)and cuts out. Diag has given all sorts of red herring codes and I have changed Temperature Sensor, Crank Sensor and MAP sensor. This only leaves the CAM position sensor. I have had the cluster out and resoldered joints. No stored alarms with the diagnostic at all now but this same fault still exists.
Now, this has to be something that is affected by temperature but what could it be ? Any ideas would be welcomed please.
Thanks ( before someone says "take it to Dealer" I would just like to add that I own a T3 camper and a 2000 1.6 Bora and believe me on a pension at 67 the T3 / T25 camper is a money pit so money resources are tight.........bloody Brexit ! )
Thanks again
Pete Abbott
IPSWICH