Vokswagen Mk4 R32 or Ford Focus RS

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
VDUBGTI
Bronze Member

Post by VDUBGTI »

R32 by a long way IMO, 4 wheel drive is a big advantage on UK roads, brilliant spec and will hold its value a lot better than the RS. Have one in Reflex silver and you wont regret it!
danny_boy
Silver Member

Post by danny_boy »

R32 is much more of a head turner in my opinion, its stunning! and just think of the sound of that lovely v6
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

VDUBGTI wrote:Have one in Reflex silver and you wont regret it!
As much as I love Reflex Silver, I'd have to say get the R32 in Blue.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

yeah i'd have to have one in the Blue aswell!!
DubGTI
Bronze Member

Post by DubGTI »

The Focus RS is a great car, but it has a ford badge, the interior is very chav the car has no class whatsoever.

Id have the R32, it's not as much a great drivers car, but i think the car is more solid, looks harder, and it's still fast and 4WD

But also if your buying private, id really be looking at an older shape M3 aswell, You can pick up an immaculate low miler for a fair bit less than an R32

A nice M3 Evolution hardtop convertable, that was built to order when some guy paid 40 odd grand for it, some extremely tasty examples to be had some of them are still like new cars
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Well in the early hours of this morning I got absolutely "monstered" by an R32.

It was one of those experiences that just made me go "I need to get me one of them", so much so that I went to look at a one in my local VW dealership after work. I'm now at the stage of pricing up how much I can get for one of my kidneys in order to fund the £18k it costs.

Suffice to say, for me there's no contest between the R32 and Focus RS. Would be the Golf everytime.
VW_MAD_ALICIA
New

Post by VW_MAD_ALICIA »

Defo R32 in blue or black. Always pick the one with the nice badge :lol:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

If you want a drivers car, the RS...
I've driven both cars, admitedly I've driven the RS a bit harder than the R32 but the R32 was just dull in comparison, did nothing for me anyway. A barge with lazy power imo but looks nice, and has a bit of "bling" factor about it.
My mates Bluefinned RS doesnt have much trouble staying with me round the twisties (Evo FQ340).... unless I really push it that is :wink:
Everyone moans about torquesteer in the RS, but I dont understand why, it's bloody good fun!!
Also depends what kind of image your after, if any.
RS is a bit...erm.. "chav" compared to the Golf, but I can't really say anything with an ironing board bolted on the back of my chav mobile.
It all comes down to what you need/want out of a car as they are both very different cars.
Hope this helps

Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Agreed; if you want a drivers car it'd be the Focus RS every time.

Whilst I've never driven an RS, the general concensus of opinion is that the Focus is the better car. I have driven an R32 and whilst the 6 cylinder and speed was nice I feel as a long term buy I'd probably get bored of it within 10 months. I've driven a 1.8D Focus and the handling on that was actually more fun than the R32 :shock:

The Focus is also a much rarer car than the R32 and it'll reward you in the wallet when you come to sell it :)