Bling Bling Diamond Member

Champions league

Post by mysteryboy »

Best team won?

Thoughts?
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

I loved the end result, didn't think we where going to pull through when Ronaldo hesitated in his penalty and cocked up. But we pulled through! So now I am going to have fun winding my mates up, I'm getting my girlfriend to wear my man u top tomorrow to work as her boss supports chelsea :lol:
tomo87
Platinum Member

Post by tomo87 »

of course they did
pip_polo

Post by pip_polo »

man u deserved it, specialy after 1st half.

any one else agree chelsea are major cheats?

loved Terry missing that penalty, and i bet he's still crying now :lol:
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

As a neutral, I thought it was a great match. Plenty of incidents, chances, and even though I don't really like Penalty shootouts much, it was full of excitement.

ManU should have been 3-0 up in the first half if they had taken those great chances, but then Chelsea hit the woodwork twice in the second half, so was quite even the end.

Definitely thought Drogba was right to be sent off. Chelsea deserved that really for all the moaning they did to the ref after Tevez knocked the ball back out for a throw to Chelsea (instead of giving it to Cech after he knocked it out for 'injured' (cramp! :roll:) players. Why shouldnt he??? Chelsea had already done exactly the same TWICE, whereas ManU gave the ball straight back to them, A Cole on one occasion if I remember right. That is one thing that really makes me not like Chelsea, the way they always harrass the ref, I know all teams do it, but Chelsea seem to do it the most, I mean this was for a bleeding throw in FFS!

Gotta feel bad for Terry though, even though it was Anelka that lost the decisive pen, he'll make all the headlines
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

The only thing that pissed me off back made me happy at the same time because he missed it, was ronaldo's run up to the penatly!

WHY!?
polo-sib
Gold Member

Post by polo-sib »

^^ looked like he hesitated. I think Terry should do a cleanex tissue advert whilst crying, he could be sponsored by them :lol: Found it amusing with his waterworks, reminded me of a little kid being cuddle by his mother to ease the crying (well in this case it was a man cuddling terry).

Glad Chelsea lost though in the end, found them to in your face, just like any other match when they're not getting there way.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

If there was one person you'd want to take a penalty, after the season hes had, it would be Ronaldo! I guess even the greatest players can't decide what they are going to do when it comes to that sort of situation!

Hate Drogba couldn't give a rats arse that he was set off! And i hate Chelsea in general but i do feel very sorry for John Terry, what a time to slip!

I do feel though, (and i only watched the last 15 mins of the match and the 2nd half of ET so didn't see everything), that all the scuffles and coming togethers were not a good way to represent the Premiership! I know its a highly charged event but honestly, i mean how often do you see played come face to face during a top rugby match?
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

Man.U played an absolute blinder in the 1st half, and although Chesea came out and played a better game in the 2nd half,
their 2nd half effort was never as strong as Man.U's 1st.

Ronaldo can be dramatic but it just adds to it all. I think it's better to behave like he does rather than that of Drogba.
Even when he'd been shown 'the red' he couldn't keep his trap shut and continued to hunt down Nemanja Vidic!
He actually looked surprised at being sent off for his feeble attempt at a bi*ch-slap!! :lol:

I do feel for Terry, he put a lot of heart into the season and played very well last night.
His penalty miss was unfortunate for him but thats the way the game goes. They were all kicking off the same spot afterall....

Anyway, i'm over the moon. They've played a great and consistent season and the past couple of games have reflected that.
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

i wanted chelsea cos cant stand man u nut oh well, get ride of grant i hope :D
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Gra-GT wrote:Gotta feel bad for Terry though, even though it was Anelka that lost the decisive pen, he'll make all the headlines
I'd say it was more John Terry that lost them the game Gra, if he'd have scored his Anelka wouldn't have needed to step up :wink:
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

yeah feel a bit bad for terry as it obviously means so much to him. Anelka was a bit like "oh well sh!t happens".
As a neutral Im £40 richer so it's all good :)

Found this:

Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

but if drogba hadnt been sent off then it may not have fallen to anelka to take a penalty. It was a really good game though, like a final should be.
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

:roll: bit harsh, he did play well i thought well appart from pen ! :D
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

mysteryboy wrote:Found this:

That didn't take long :lol: