Half Life 2 - anyone here in the know?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Krupa
Gold Member

Half Life 2 - anyone here in the know?

Post by Krupa »

I fancy buying this game, but I want to get Counter Strike Source with it, I know there's a "standard edition" which includes CS:S but I'm not sure whether this is it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 25-2488459

Looks like the right box, but £26.99 is very cheap.

And CS:S is a must.

Don't want to buy over Steam because I want the Disc for it, and because it's gonna take ages to download.

Can anyone help?
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

I nearly bought GTA SA from there the other day - they quoted the same price for that but it was for a used version (are they even available yet!?).

plus it will take up to 2 weeks to get to you, unless you pay carriage
metz

Post by metz »

My mate has pre-ordered his through steam (like u say u don't even get a disk) he says the cs source should be in the box when u buy it.

If not i bet you type your cdkey in on steam and have to download it.
which isn't that much of a bind if you have broadband but still it would be nice if it was in the box with hl2.

I can't wait until next week.... just hope it plays ok with my aging geforce 3 ti500.
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

I've never had any problems with Amazon and delivery, and I've ordered a lot of stuff off them. It's always arrived the next day if I order before midday.

It's released next Tuesday so I'd get it either next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I ordered the latest Prodigy album and it turned up at half past 9 the day it was released on the high street. Impressive I reckon.

I'd buy off Steam but I'd much rather have the proper silver back version of it, it's a pain not having the CDs to install it off.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

£26.99 sounds about right for the standard retail version of HL2 - mine's £29.99 from Play.com. CS:S is part of the install for HL2, and you must have an internet connection during installation, presumably in order to register your CD-Key with Steam.

On the downside I really need to upgrade my computer before ramping up the graphics :roll:

Its gonna be ace 8)
metz

Post by metz »

Same here, my graphics cards gunna cough and spit when i try to turn the detail up.

roll on the 16th..