Replacing speakers on my 6N

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Post Reply
User avatar
Polo96CL
Platinum Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Bromsgrove

Replacing speakers on my 6N

Post by Polo96CL » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Heya,

I wont be the first to say, that the oem speakers in the tweeters and doors suck. I'm using a sony head unit right now and I don't think I can handle listening to tinny, trebly, thin sound. I'm on a budget of around £60 and I'm looking to upgrade the speakers in the doors and front tweeters. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the stocks for something better?

I listen to rock music mostly so I wont really be needing a sub. Sorry if this sounds amatuerish because I am, but I've done a few mods before and reckon replacing the speakers shouldn't be too much of a problem.

User avatar
Tim_GTi
Post Whore
Posts: 12288
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: Newport, South Wales
Contact:

Post by Tim_GTi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:20 am

changing speakers is dead easy!! If your after something better but nothing big, then you can just use the original speaker wire. i'd recommend something like these

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine- ... 6348f8658b

BratManGTi
Bronze Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: Shrewsbury shropshire

Re: Replacing speakers on my 6N

Post by BratManGTi » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Polo96CL wrote:Heya,

I wont be the first to say, that the oem speakers in the tweeters and doors suck. I'm using a sony head unit right now and I don't think I can handle listening to tinny, trebly, thin sound. I'm on a budget of around £60 and I'm looking to upgrade the speakers in the doors and front tweeters. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the stocks for something better?

I listen to rock music mostly so I wont really be needing a sub. Sorry if this sounds amatuerish because I am, but I've done a few mods before and reckon replacing the speakers shouldn't be too much of a problem.
well my advice
i started my polo 6n sound system last year
ended up with a system of around 3k
get adictive lol
best thing for budget is

get down to your local motorworld and get a set of 17cm JBL gto 2 way speakers for the front £30
and 6x9 JBL GTO also for £30
easy to fit
great sound
do not worry about wires
your running the speakers off the head unit amp 4x50w i guess at the best
you dont need any bigger wire for the front as the vw wire is just over the top anyway
i run 6 2 way sony boston edition speakers and and 2 bluabunkt tweeters
throught 2 kenwood 1000w 4ch amps for the front
sounds great and the wires handle it fine
the rear cable that comes with the 6x9s will show you what i mean they are very thin
but do you think a multy million doller comany would give out crap wire
dont think so

if u want some more help let me know dude i will send u some pics

User avatar
ticki
Sponsor
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne Drives: 6N2 GTi

Post by ticki » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:51 pm

Tim_GTi wrote:changing speakers is dead easy!! If your after something better but nothing big, then you can just use the original speaker wire. i'd recommend something like these

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine- ... 6348f8658b
Could i use these as a direct replacement, and not use the cross over.

Its for my my 6n2 which already has wiring for front tweeters and mid speakers

User avatar
ticki
Sponsor
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:34 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne Drives: 6N2 GTi

Post by ticki » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Also would these fit no problem? very good spec.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer ... -3265.html

I'm also wondering what the OEM speaker RMS power is?

User avatar
Tim_GTi
Post Whore
Posts: 12288
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: Newport, South Wales
Contact:

Post by Tim_GTi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:18 am

ticki wrote:
Could i use these as a direct replacement, and not use the cross over.

Its for my my 6n2 which already has wiring for front tweeters and mid speakers
Yep you can, those Pioneers will fit fine too

Supraking
New
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Supraking » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:24 pm

sorry to keep bumping old posts, but polo96cl did u get some?
if not try the 6.5 inch fusion components £50 and sound a treat in my mates 6n we put the mids in standard speaker location, cut a hole further up for the tweeters and screwed the crossover into the door pockets

lorenzodr
New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:59 am
Drives: Volkswagen Polo 6n 44kw 60 pk
Location: Antwerp

Re: Replacing speakers on my 6N

Post by lorenzodr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:03 am

Hi I have a 6N, and i have bought new speakers but the old ones have 4 wires and the new ones 2 wires, how i must connected it

User avatar
alexperkins
Site Admin
Posts: 14381
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:29 pm
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 67 Q7
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK.
Contact:

Re: Replacing speakers on my 6N

Post by alexperkins » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am

The additional wires are the feed back to the woofers. If you follow the wiring, you can find the split and put a crossover in its place

Post Reply