6N2 Tablet Install

Discuss In Car Entertainment
marcgoldhawk
New

6N2 Tablet Install

Post by marcgoldhawk »

So since I couldn't find anyone that has done a tablet install on their Polo, I took the liberty of doing it myself.
Went to the breakers and got another panel where the air vents and head unit sit. I taped off the head unit opening to the right size for the 7inch tabet (it was slightly bigger than the hole), and went at it with a Dremel. I drilled out two considerable large holes on the side of the panel to accommodate the Aux and Power cables. I then took out the whole centre console and made a new place for the headunit (since it wouldn't fit in the glovebox). I used that random hole above the aircon controls for the headunit, making it slightly bigger with the Dremel. I then hooked everything up and this was the result:

The install is still not 100% complete and theres still a few bugs I have to work out :P
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 6N2 Tablet Install

Post by alexperkins »

Certainly different. Could work though

Ideally, youd need to hide the radio, and have music coming from the tablet into an 'aux' input on the radio so it can be hidden away, but still work.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

6N2 Tablet Install

Post by benmkiv »

Studio in car did one at ultimate dubs. Te car had no dials just digital dash on the ipad mini.
marcgoldhawk
New

Post by marcgoldhawk »

I was gonna mount the head unit in the glove box, but when I took it out I realized there's not much space behind the back walls of the glove box. I also thought about putting the headunit under the front passenger seat, but too many wires to extend and run there :P
barlowboy97
New
Drives: polo 1.4 match

Post by barlowboy97 »

How did you manage to power the tablet and is it with ignition switched?

trying to do this project my self but struggling to power the tablet? :evil:

Ive been told to splice into the heater wire but imm not sure