Upgrading my Head Unit in 9n3

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Upgrading my Head Unit in 9n3

Post by Lucaio »

Looking to upgrade my head unit in my 9n3 but I have the knowledge and skill of a potato when it comes to ICE so I have come here for your advice and guidance.

I'm looking for a double DIN unit with a touchscreen and bluetooth, iPhone 5 input would be a bonus but not essential. My budget is no more than £200.
Don't really know where to look other than Car Audio Security and came across this unit. Never heard of 'Boss Audio Systems', are they any good? Is there another one you would recommend?

After the whole choosing and purchasing debacle comes the fitting. I'm guessing it's not going to be a straight swap, that would be too easy. Do I have to purchase fascia adapters, cables, other things to get it fitted? Once I have got everything is it simple enough to fit (can a newbie like me do it)? Any tutorials/guides for the fitting?

Cheers guys :D
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Re: Upgrading my Head Unit in 9n3

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Lucaio wrote:Looking to upgrade my head unit in my 9n3 but I have the knowledge and skill of a potato when it comes to ICE so I have come here for your advice and guidance.

I'm looking for a double DIN unit with a touchscreen and bluetooth, iPhone 5 input would be a bonus but not essential. My budget is no more than £200.
Don't really know where to look other than Car Audio Security and came across this unit. Never heard of 'Boss Audio Systems', are they any good? Is there another one you would recommend?

After the whole choosing and purchasing debacle comes the fitting. I'm guessing it's not going to be a straight swap, that would be too easy. Do I have to purchase fascia adapters, cables, other things to get it fitted? Once I have got everything is it simple enough to fit (can a newbie like me do it)? Any tutorials/guides for the fitting?

Cheers guys :D
I'd recommend something more upmarket...by the likes of pioneer, alpine, jvc etc

Have a look into the pioneer appradio 2...its got no CD player..but who needs it when you can plug your iphone into it and use most of the apps from it!
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... tAodiGsAVQ

This one? Looks good, especially at that price!
In regards to fitting, what else would I need?
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Lucaio wrote:http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... tAodiGsAVQ

This one? Looks good, especially at that price!
In regards to fitting, what else would I need?
Thats the first one..bit poopy lol

The model you want is a SPH-DA100
thats the appradio 2...there is a 3 out now but probably out of your budget but take a look!..

Im not sure..but i assume you wont need much more than adapter wiring and a cage!