TPK Bluetooth kit fitted in Polo

Discuss In Car Entertainment
sush40
New
Drives: Polo Match 2011 (61) 1.2 Petrol

TPK Bluetooth kit fitted in Polo

Post by sush40 »

Hi

I bought a 2nd hand Polo (Match 61 plate) from a garage last week and it looks like a BT kit (TPK Music) was previously fitted in the car, though I'm not sure if I have all the parts. The dealer found the screen in a box, and I can see the microphone hanging in the car, but that's all I've got, I cannot find the cradle thing to connect the screen to and I can't see any wires.

I'm not sure how these kits are usually fitted, where does the main box (with all the connectors) go? under the seats? under the steering wheel? If I can find it maybe I can find the wires that go to the screen? If I'm right the mic should be plugged into that box too but the mic is fitted in corner of the roof and I dont want to dismantle the car just to follow a wire, does anyone know where the main box and wires are usually kept?

Thank you
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: TPK Bluetooth kit fitted in Polo

Post by alexperkins »

Main box lives behind the radio normally
sush40
New

Post by sush40 »

Thanks, is there a way to check if the bluetooth was preivously fitted in the car without dismantling the radio?
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Short of popping the radio out and checking if the quadlock loom is plugged in behind, no.

If you have the TPK screen and the microphone though theres a strong suspicion its in there still
sush40
New

Post by sush40 »

Thanks, yes as you said there is a strong suspicion it's still connected, but I can't find the dock thing and there should be a wire hanging somewhere in the car but can't find anything. I have looked everywhere, next to the driver's door (in the corner), near the radio, behind the gear stick... without the dock i cant connect the screen and cant do anything; and i dont think i can only buy this part?
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

You can get that part on its own on ebay quite easily :) Its a bury cc9060 kit underneath
sush40
New

Post by sush40 »

Would it be compatible with my screen? (it says TPK Musik at the back). Can we fit any screen on it or does it have to be the one supplied in the kit?
I'll see if i can go to a VW dealer to check if the kit is still in the car, and to know exactly what parts I'm missing
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

The cradle is the same on all models

Its the 'brain' behind the dash which differs
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

sush40
New

Post by sush40 »

Thta's great thank you. Just have to make sure I do have a kit fitted inside before buying this! And I will have to plug it into the main box so will probably have to take the radio out if it's behind it..
sush40
New

Post by sush40 »

Hello,

So I decided to go to a VW garage this morning and asked for more details about the kit. I said I had the mic fitted and the screen but no cradle, i was hoping they could help me finding out if the whole kit was fitted or not...
So obviously they would have to remove the audio panel to check and they told me it would cost 60 quid to do so.
And obviously if i wanted to install the kit I would have to buy a new one (the whole thing) which is 245 pounds!

So now I don't know what to do. I suppose i could either
1) buy a new kit (or just cradle) off ebay and get it installed (will still have to pay to get it set up)
2) sell what I've got on ebay (microphone and screen). I'm sure the main box (which is, i guess, the most expensive part) is still inside though!