How to fit component speakers in 6N?

Discuss In Car Entertainment
baines93
New
Drives: 1999 6N

How to fit component speakers in 6N?

Post by baines93 »

Hi all,

Recently bought a 1999 Polo 6N, and had a set of JBL CS6C speakers that were not being used, so decided to fit. Have already put in an old (but great!) Sony DSX-S200 hedunit. I thought since the car had tweeters in the dash that there would already be a crossover in the loom - it seems i'm wrong, just a big capacitor soldered to the tweeter.

So far I have cut the block connector off the door speaker wire (crimping bullets on so I can return to standard if I change car) and crimped connectors on for the JBL speakers. They're in and working fine.

Now I realise I need to use the inline crossover cabling supplied though! Seems i'll need to run this cable over to the door :evil: - Whats the best way to wire in the inline crossovers? I want an easy quick solution as I won't have the car forever.

The dash tweeters have one plastic connector block, with two wires on each pin. I think one pair come from the headunit, and one pair go to the door speakers?

Best way?
Chop the original tweeter connection blocks off and crimp on bullets, adding into the crimp the crossover input wires?
Hook the tweeters up to the tweeter output from the inline crossover block (covered in heatshrink)
Leave this (excessively long) tweeter wiring and crossover in the dashboard beneath the tweeter.
Run the other output to the door and connect the door speakers to this directly, leaving the original (now chopped off) door speaker wires unused (tape them up)

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.