VW OEM Plug & play subwoofer + amplifier for stock speakers for Polo 6R

Discuss In Car Entertainment
MrMagas
New
Drives: 2013 1.2 Tdi Match 5 door

VW OEM Plug & play subwoofer + amplifier for stock speakers for Polo 6R

Post by MrMagas »

Hi i have a 2013 1.2 Tdi polo Match edition the music in there is not too bad but you always want something more, so i looked into subwoofers and also amplifiers for the stock speakers as far as moding goes i would want to keep everything oem or at least as far as i can :) So i found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Subwo ... B00NUYQV9W it a subwoofer with a 5 chanel amplifier 1 for the the two mini subs and 4 for the stock speakers in the car so i went to my local volkswagen center and they said that it costs 415£ fitted from them or the same price if i just want to buy the sub and fit it myself, wich would mean i need to get a programing donlge to change the presets in the current head unit i have wich is RCD310 so i though maybe other people have done it and can share the expriences of What kind of Sound improvement they achieved did the actual sound volume increase? at the maximum output is the sound cleaner? also how hard is it to fit it by myself because as far as i read its not really plug and play as you have to get the lead from the subwoofer to back of the head unit? please share your experiances any help is apreciated.

BTW if the post is in wrong place mods please just move it im a newbie here :) also i am aware that here is a similar system http://www.volkswagen-accessories.com/e ... ystem.html wich is completly the same, but you loose the spear wheel wich i do not want to loose :) so if you got that installed or installed it yourself please share experiances as the subs and amps in it are all the same so the sound quality should be similar.
MrMagas
New
Drives: 2013 1.2 Tdi Match 5 door

Re: VW OEM Plug & play subwoofer + amplifier for stock speakers for Polo 6R

Post by MrMagas »

Any and all advice is helpfull!
x1022x
New

Re: VW OEM Plug & play subwoofer + amplifier for stock speakers for Polo 6R

Post by x1022x »

Hi

Just to let you know that I recently installed the Helix P&P in my Golf (incredible improvement, in the Golf anyway!). After paying an extortionate price for the programming dongle, I am loaning it out! It is only needed to program once, then removed.

Cheers