Rear speakers and Aux-in 2008 Polo Match

Discuss In Car Entertainment
audicab26
New
Drives: 2008 1.2 Match (70) 5dr

Rear speakers and Aux-in 2008 Polo Match

Post by audicab26 »

This is my first post on here, I've had a few VW Golfs and Passats and we own an UP! and a T5 in the family.

My son has just got a 2008 Polo 1.2 Match 5dr for his first car.

We want to fit an Aux-in socket and I think I've established that I can buy something to plug into the cd changer socket, the car has an RCD200 MP3 head unit fitted. Can anyone recommend a reliable easy to install kit to fit?

We are also thinking of fitting rear speakers, I've spotted speaker grilles in the rear door cards and there is a redundant fader control on the head unit. Can anyone confirm if there are wires running to the doors or do we need to wire them in ourselves by replacing or altering the connector block at the head unit and plumbing in speaker cables. The grilles are small and rectangle so I guess I'll need OE speakers to fit?

I apologise if this has been asked a 1000 times before.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
colingZA
New
Drives: 53 plate Polo 9n

Re: Rear speakers and Aux-in 2008 Polo Match

Post by colingZA »

Hi Audicab26,

Did you ever find out about the rear speaker wires? Feel like upgrading the system but not sure if there is wiring in place already?

Thanks,

Colin
colingZA
New
Drives: 53 plate Polo 9n

Post by colingZA »

Evening all,

Any one can help on the wiring issue?

Ta,

C.
audicab26
New

Post by audicab26 »

Hi Colin,

Apologies for not replying sooner, I never did investigate further, son doesn't seem too bothered and the fronts seem to churn out a decent sound. If you find out it would be interesting to know.

Derek
markb240
New
Drives: 2008 polo 9n E 70

Post by markb240 »

audicab26 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 pm This is my first post on here, I've had a few VW Golfs and Passats and we own an UP! and a T5 in the family.

My son has just got a 2008 Polo 1.2 Match 5dr for his first car.

We want to fit an Aux-in socket and I think I've established that I can buy something to plug into the cd changer socket, the car has an RCD200 MP3 head unit fitted. Can anyone recommend a reliable easy to install kit to fit?

We are also thinking of fitting rear speakers, I've spotted speaker grilles in the rear door cards and there is a redundant fader control on the head unit. Can anyone confirm if there are wires running to the doors or do we need to wire them in ourselves by replacing or altering the connector block at the head unit and plumbing in speaker cables. The grilles are small and rectangle so I guess I'll need OE speakers to fit?

I apologise if this has been asked a 1000 times before.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi audicab,
I know its late but if you are still looking i also have a 2008 polo as my first car and i installed an eBay kit which was quite easy to install and works great. Heres a link to the same sort of thing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MP3-iPod-iPho ... 3f10480aa4
audicab26
New

Post by audicab26 »

Thanks - we have fitted an Aux-in now, never got around to looking at rear speakers.