Incorrect DAB Station Logo

Discuss In Car Entertainment
rbz5416
Getting There!
Drives: 6C

Incorrect DAB Station Logo

Post by rbz5416 »

I have a 2015 Polo with what I believe is a Composition Media head unit. Since owning the car I've noticed that the logo for LBC shows the old JazzFM logo. LBC took over the slot on Digital One from JazFM in early 2014. I'd always just assumed this was a trasmission error that would get sorted eventually, it wasn't.

So recently I've asked Digital One what the issue is & they tell me it's the VW head unit, as no other manufacturer has the issue. This suggests that the logos were pre-stored within the HU at manufacture rather than downloaded from the DAB transmission. This all seems a bit odd, not least because my car was built 12 months after the switch.

Anyone else seeing this & has discussions with VW?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Incorrect DAB Station Logo

Post by alexperkins »

Thats rubbish. The images are sent down across the airwaves
rbz5416
Getting There!

Post by rbz5416 »

That's what I thought but then looking at Sound Digital, none of the stations on there have logos. That launched in 2016 so if the logos are onboard, the new stations wouldn't have been known about.
rbz5416
Getting There!

Post by rbz5416 »

Just to add in case I was the only one unaware, you can manually upload station logos from SD/USB. Go to Setup & delete the incorrect logo. Then tap on the now empty space & you will be offered to opportunity to select a logo source. There's a whole host avaliable for download from VW here, or you can pick you own. All of those are 160 x 120 so don't know if you're limited to that size or if the unit resizes on upload.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

That’s very interesting. Thanks for updating us 😎