RCD330 Review (Pic heavy)

Discuss In Car Entertainment
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

RCD330 Review (Pic heavy)

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

I've finally got around to writing a review of the RCD330 ICE system that I bought from Aliexpress for £80~ I've used the product for the past 6 months, so here is a detailed review of it :) Please note that this is the standard version, there is a version with Apple CarPlay but it is more expensive.

It comes very well packaged, considering it is coming from Asia, it's quite important! I received mine flawlessly and reasonably quickly (About 3 weeks)

It also comes with two adapters, one is a radio adapter while the other is to retrofit a reversing camera (This can only be coded) I chose not to buy the RVC.

Moving onto installation, it is dead simple. Simply remove the old unit (in my case the RCD310, however it would be the same for the RCD210) Disconnect the quadlock and radio. Then plug both connections to the RCD330 and turn on the ignition. It is a direct Plug and Play. Unless you want the reversing camera there is absolutely no coding needed at all!

As can be seen from these images the unit fits into the car perfectly. There are no fitment issues and the illuminated buttons match perfectly with the OEM ambient lighting. I really did not want it to mismatch, however I can confirm that they've got this spot on 8)

There are 4 different types of audio input available. Aux, USB, SD card and Bluetooth. I mostly use the bluetooth function. I set it up once and it works seamlessly every time I enter the car. Within 5 seconds of turning the ignition, my phone is connected and starts automatically playing music from my most recent playlist/song. I was quite surprised as to how well this works as I have never had any issues with connectivity.

Along the top bar you can see the current time, source of audio, the battery of your phone, your phones signal strength and the outside temperature.
This is the music interface. You will be able to see the Artist, Album and song name. There is the option to shuffle, repeat and repeat 1 songs. Along the bottom you can change the audio source, change playlist and skip songs as well as play/pause. The buttons are a nice size and are easy to touch while driving. Some touchscreens can be a bit unintuitive while trying to use while driving, however the simple layout of this makes it easy to use. I would also like to say that the touchscreen is very responsive. I would compare it to an older iPhone i.e. iPhone 5. It's not super slick like the latest phones but it is not laggy and slow by any means.

This is the radio interface. I don't listen to the radio that much however I personally haven't had an issue with it when trying to tune into a station. There is the choice between AM/FM, the system will automatically find stations on the Station List while there is still the ability to manually tune if you like. You can also have your favourite radio stations on the 5 presets available. Obviously I haven't set these as I don't listen to the radio haha.

This is the Telephone interface. As we can see my iPhone is connected and the signal strength and my phones battery life is displayed on the top bar. You are also able to set up to 4 favourite contacts on the large presets. This saves you from having to search for the same people. Along the bottom bar, Andriod users are able to use MirrorLink to connect their phones. A CarPlay version of this system is available however it costs twice as much and I didn't think it was worth it. You are also able to dial a number, search through the contacts stored on your phone as well as your most recent calls. Voice op will simply activate Siri.

Here's a quick look into the system settings. I don't think I need to go into the details as it's pretty self explanatory.

Overall, I am very happy with the quality of the system. For £80 it has totally transformed the ICE experience. I only every use BlueTooth because it works so well. All my friends have their phones paired and it is so much easier compared to using Aux. I've tried to explain it as best I can however if you have any further questions let me know :)
fatsoland1
New
Drives: polo 2014

Re: RCD330 Review (Pic heavy)

Post by fatsoland1 »

How do the reverse senses work do you happen to know? Because I’m thinking about getting one because it looks very smart and easy to do 🙂.
PhilEvelyn
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 1.2 TSI

Post by PhilEvelyn »

None of your pics appear for me. Lots of little broken image icons. Is this just me?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Postimg have taken alot of their servers offline

We now can host images here - please modify your post and attach the images into it instead