suspension kits?

Discuss Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres
camone
New

suspension kits?

Post by camone »

Im wanting to get a suspension kit for my mk 3 polo squareback but im unsure which one to go for,
Im considering Koni, KW, Spax, Gmax and raceland but im insure. Ive heard some good and bad press about all of them eg harsh/hard drive, bad quality.
Im wanting to go 60mm all round because i want the car to sit level and ive got about £350 max to spend. Are adustable shocks worth paying extra for bearing in mind im using the car as a daily driver.

Any thoughts or recomendations would be great.
camone
New

suspension kits

Post by camone »

Sorry i meant to type £250 max plus vat, The cheaper the better, im on a tight budget
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

well on -60 you will be pushed to get a decent set up that you dont need to spend even more on to get it to handle. on that budget id advise you to get some non adjustable shocks and matched springs as iirc your car is about stock weight and ive never seen you mention track events so the extra adjustability will be wasted. if you want to go even cheeper ad still get reasonable handleing then you could try getting some new oum shoicks ( i think euro car parts do them at a good price) and them wrap them in some -40 springs this is what yosh has done and he is quite happy, if thats not low enough then you could try bonrath and see if they do tyou any strut bearing as theirs typically lower the car by around 10mm but then the car will have a little rake to it.
why do you want to have your car even? when you pass a lorry on the mororway can you feel the car 'swerve' as the air pressure changes and pushes you out or sucks you in? getting a set up with a little rake solves this as the front bumper blocks most of the approaching air but the rear (which is higher) has a bigger gap for the air to escape from, and it is also litterally dragged out by the pressure envolope surrounding the car, the upshot of this is you get a lower pressure under the car which sucks it to the floor, this increces grip and high speed stability.
any questions?
oh and if your brains just exploded then sorry :oops: