Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:43 pm
- Drives: 6N
- Location: Europe
how hard is it to swap a PL 16 valve engine from a gti into the 6N2 polo? does the tranny need to be swapped too? if so, what axles do I need?
what about the engine mounts? will they need to be modified?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14801
- Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:29 pm
- Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174
- Location: Poole, Dorset, UK.
Isn’t a PL a mk2 golf engine?
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:55 am
- Drives: 6N & MK4 GTI
- Location: Netherlands
That's right Alex. The mounts are all different, so you would need the MK2 subframe as well. I found this
on the internet, might be interesting to read