good place for head

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
chubbster
Silver Member

good place for head

Post by chubbster »

want to get ur head blown. i know a man in the know. he deals with all dubsports showcars, twin vr etc.
he reacons with a port and polish on a 1.4 16v (100bhp) u get 120bhp and masses of torque more. add a cam to that and 140-150 is possible, thatll give the nova crew a nice suprise!

speak 2 steve on 01925 724 278 hes a top bloke and he'll wear ur ears out with his enthusism!

he deals with all the big companies in the northwest of england, beware its not cheap he quoted £550 for the port and polish not includin head removal and the rest, could be £800-900
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Have to say I was a bit worried when I read the title of that post :P
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

i dont know why? i was brought up by nuns in a very extreme catholic way! it must be something you think but wouldnt enter my mind!
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

:lol: 8)
paulG40
New

Post by paulG40 »

hhmmm up to 50 BHP with a head and cam..... not sure mind not with our engines anyway.
Not to put you are your guy down but I think that 20 BHP for both is mor e possible even then it's not hugley likely.
I have got a head done on mine and it made a big difference but the most it done was smoothened the power delivery out meaning I can infact get more power on the road.
Put it this way I have spend a couple of thousand on my engine and only just got ab out 67 BHP extra!! and thats on a forced induced car.
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

the fella said the same as what you do, about the power being smoother and increasing the torque. but he was certain (in his mind) of the power raise. i think it sounds like alot 2 after all its a 20% hike.

phone him up and pretend you havent had yours done and see what he says (if you can be bothered that is!). im not an expert in this at all, but it sounds like your in the know. id like to see what you think about it.

i was thinking of doing this to my car, but if hes just being hopeful about the power i probably wouldnt bother.

you could save me £100's!