Induction Kits for the Polo 9N

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
andyl
New

Induction Kits for the Polo 9N

Post by andyl »

Does any1 know if there are any induction kits out for the new polo and does any1 know how to fit them?
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Don't think there are any "kits" as such, but you can easily make your own up by buying a K&N cone and a bit of pipe for example.
The only thing that has stopped me fitting one is the fact that the filter would be right on top of the engine, drawing in hot air..... I think relocating the filter to somewhere where there's plenty of cold air would be an idea.... but where?!

Hope this helps,
Mole
andyl
New

Post by andyl »

There is a ledge on the left hand side, near the belt as you look at the front on the car so it may fit on there, but i have already put airhorns down there so im not sure if there is enough space left now.
vwpower
Bronze Member

Post by vwpower »

there is enough space

the only problem is finding the induction kit that fit. Is what I`m working on.

THIS IS WHAT mole is talkink about
Unitl now it really have work having it on that place And at the same time agree with mole

Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

A standard K+N wouldn't be the one to go for on the 9N because no matter where you put it it will draw in warm air from somewhere.

A better soulution would be getting a 2nd generation kit that has a box for the K+N cone or getting a Viper kit, they're meant to be really good.

Image.

The link is here
polomk6
Getting There!

Post by polomk6 »

wot about for diesels?