induction kit

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
A-brownpolo91
New

induction kit

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

Hi people, I am new to this site.

I have a 2001 reg vw polo 1.4 16v (75bhp). I was wondering if any of you could tell me whether it is worth buying an induction kit and if it would affect insurance.

Any help would be much appreciated

Alex
Buckle
New

Re: induction kit

Post by Buckle »

dont tell them lol
A-brownpolo91
New

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

lol. do u hav any reccomendations to get a bit of power out ov a 1.4 75bhp polo? Insurance asside :P
Buckle
New

Post by Buckle »

decat exhaust pipe mate
A-brownpolo91
New

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

Cheers mate, i've bin looking at sportex exhausts for a full system, however, when i come to check the compatability of it on my polo, there is no option for 1.4 polo's after 2000? Have you got an exhaust on your polo? nd what year model is it?
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

Post by kingsleysaywell »

get a made made exhaust made and manifold :)
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

or remap it i think ive seen people say you can get 105 bhp after a map on that engine ?
A-brownpolo91
New

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

Yh i've seen the same website you're on about i think m8. i'm tempted by this, but as this is my first car, is it really worth spendin about £270? Also, does an induction kit on reli warrant telling the insurers about it considering the very few extra horsepower you get?
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

not sure its down to the insurer and your own choice to tell or not some people say your meant to tell even if you colour code a dash part or something silly. With the remap depends how long you plan on keeping the car? ive had mine a year or so now and just about to get a custon manifold, exhaust and induction (basically a BMC CDA but for my own car requirements), if you are looking at an induction go for a BMC Cda type i would say as i had one on before and it increases fuel economy sounds good and at least sounds like your going faster :)
A-brownpolo91
New

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

Ok cheers m8, i will look in to it. Erm i have had mine since May, and plan to keep it for at least another year if i can. How much is a BMC CDA indution kit likely to cost?
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

what do you mean keep it if you can? lol BMC is going to be around £180 i think mate can i ask where your based ?
A-brownpolo91
New

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

lol, erm I'm based in preston mate. Where abouts are you based?
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

salisbury mate just a thought as im getting what is basically a BMC Cda i can get a metal one for £80 ish or a BMC Cda lookalike but does the same job for about £100
A-brownpolo91
New

Post by A-brownpolo91 »

Thanks for that mate, i shall look into it. I have decided not to re-map my first car due to the initial cost and the premium on my insurance will rocket if i tell them. What price would you say is reasonable for a 2001 VW polo gti?
kingsleysaywell
Silver Member

if you mean buying a polo gti same shape looking at around £3k - £3.5k for a good one :)