Polo GT 130pd - MORE POWERRRRR!

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
maddogg_87
New

Polo GT 130pd - MORE POWERRRRR!

Post by maddogg_87 »

hi guys am new to the wonderful world of diesel dubs, aside from a remap what other things can i do to eek out some more power without spending mega moneys

cheers :D
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Polo GT 130pd - MORE POWERRRRR!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

My mate has a Fabia vRS which has the same PD130 like several other VAG Cars (Leon's, Golfs, Ibiza's etc) and some of the most common performance modifications are the PD160 intake which replaces the original 130 intake, much larger and improves airflow drastically.
Green Cotton Air Filter (Panel Filter) is a nice little upgrade too. That's pretty much as far as it goes without spending mega bucks.

Re-map totally transforms the car and is certainly worth doing, turns it into a completely different animal.
Dont bother with superchips or bluefin etc its best to get a proper re-map from somewhere like Jabba Sport, P-Torque etc

My mates Fabia goes like sh!t off a shovel and thats even heavier than a 9N GT so expect it to be very quick if you go down that route.
Other major mods are Front Mounted Intercooler, Limited Slip Diff, Bigger Turbo (from Golf GT TDi), brake upgrades etc etc

I strongly recommend a Rear Anti Roll Bar if your looking for handling improvements, Lowering springs/coilovers and a strutbrace also improve things.

They have so much potential dude it all comes down to what your looking for in the car and how much you have to spend.

Hope this helps

Ben,
g__humm
Platinum Member

Re: Polo GT 130pd - MORE POWERRRRR!

Post by g__humm »

What your budget.
I have pd150 hybrid turbo
turbo back with decat miltec exhaust
forge fmic
panel filter
pd 160 air intake
and custom r tech map
rolling 220 hp
people say it should get more however nick at r tech explained to me why other people get more and it is the way the tuners set the dyno up he showed me the ratio 5th gear is and how Amd who mapped it
before had changed this ratio slightly to make it read more power than it was. He said most companies do this to get more custom, nick is a good man however and ensures the reading is as acurate as possible.

I advise talking to him you can find him on the web and I'm sure he could do you some deal if you want a sort of power pakage