Strange one ?

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
SteveTDCi
New

Strange one ?

Post by SteveTDCi »

After putting up with a heavy clutch for a few weeks I decided to get it replaced, the clutch plate itself looked ok and the thrust bearing was ok. It was the original clutch unless the previous owner was minted and paid VW for everything. Anyway the clutch was repalced and it felt soooo much better. But now we have another problem which seems to have started since the clutch change.

at low speeds, say 15-40 mph in any gear its now making a clunking noise, you have to drive at exact speeds to get it to do it, but when it does you kind of get the feeling like an anti roll bar is knocking and you also get a rubbing sound, kind of like when the brakes haven't been used in a while, its not constant but its like rub ... rub ..... etc.

I'm going to drop the car back off tomorrow to see if they can find anything wrong, i've checked the bolts and everything seems to be there and they seem tight enough ... so its either that the bolts have been over tighted or not torqued up in the right order - but i don't know if this is too important with the Polo, or the gearbox is about to die or its something copmpletly unrelated. I know there is a bit of play in one of the bottom ball joints but thats about it. The car otherwise drives really well. Its a 1.6 6n 1999 T if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Steve