gas pedals dropped down

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
MTB
New

gas pedals dropped down

Post by MTB »

Hi all, i started the car this morning, went to take off and noticed it took a bit longer for me take off, my gas pedal felt funny on take off, so i stopped and looked down, i was very surprised to see that the pedal had dropped half way, both my other pedals are ok, any idea what this could be?, i cant drive the car because it doesent feel right at all, ive been to one garage today but they didnt have a clue!, i really need help on this asap!, thx all and kin regards :D

POLO W REG 2000 1.4TDI WITH AMF ENGINE CODE
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: gas pedals dropped down

Post by alexperkins »

The accelerator pedal normally sites lower than the other pedals in any case - you may have just not noticed this

Check if you have a throttle cable or are drive by wire

If its a cable, its possible its become slack in the engine bay, though this is unlikely as 99% of 6n2s are drive by wire.
MTB
New

Post by MTB »

Hi mate, its defo dropped half way, and its hasnt got a cable so obviously the other thing it must have like you mentioned, i did have it in the garage this morning though and he said he thinks its the somethingometer its might be gone on it, i cant remember the whole word :lol:, any ideas?, thx bro and kind regards :D .
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Potentiometer maybe

The linkage may have failed that connects the pedal to the sensor.