IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

Cleaning Upholstery

Detailing & Bodywork
Sadgeek
Getting There!

Cleaning Upholstery

Post by Sadgeek » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:18 pm

Guys,

Any recommendations for a wet'n dry vac to get my seats and carpets cleaned?

I've got a aquavac that is just too bulky to use inside, and I'm hoping that someone will know of anything smaller.

Thanks

Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:41 pm

I know it sounds silly, but a much cheaper way is, a can of Groom and a soft interior brush. Much quicker and cheaper I have found.

But if you really do want a vac, maybe try Argos etc

hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:19 am

i just use the spray-can upholstery cleaner u can buy. spray it on & then brush it off. seems to work fine. dont u have a nozzle attachment thingy on ur aqua-vac u can use??

simon pope
Bronze Member

Post by simon pope » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:21 am

cleaned my car seats yesterday using a VAX cleaner and ol my god were they s**t, started in the back seats but they were not too bad, when i came to do the front seats it was just like i had filled the bucket with a muddy puddle, they were proper bogging, it was quite embarrasing really, now they are spotles again, so a VAX is highly recommended so much better than the s**t u get in cans!!!!!

john41
New
Drives: VW polo

Re: Cleaning Upholstery

Post by john41 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 am

Hi,

Can you suggest me some homemade techniques to clean Professional carpet cleaning Kamloopsthe carpet and not destroying the texture of carpet? Once I tried to clean my carpet on my own but my carpet was destroyed completely. So now I don't want to do that again.

Thanks
Last edited by john41 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 67 Q7

Re: Cleaning Upholstery

Post by alexperkins » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:19 am

A decent auto interior shampoo (either foam based in a can, or spray based like Autoglym interior shampoo) and a soft brush works well