Polo 6N2 Roof Runners?

Detailing & Bodywork
bewsh
New

Polo 6N2 Roof Runners?

Post by bewsh »

The picture above isn't of my car but I found this on eBay. But I have the same problem as in the picture, paint is starting to flake off the roof side runners (if that's what they're called?). Question is, are these part of the roof or can they be removed/replaced? If so, does anyone know how to remove them? Or would it just be easier to get them sprayed?

Thanks.
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Re: Polo 6N2 Roof Runners?

Post by fonzooorooo »

They're normally removable so you can fit roof bars. That could be what's causing the paint to flake - if they've been bent/twisted/mangled trying to remove them. You're likely to have to pull them toward you at the end before you can lift/unclip them along their length. Saying that, I've no specific knowledge of the model - it's simply what I'd expect from that type of trim. (from experience it's like that on sciroccos, old passats and rovers)
bewsh
New

Post by bewsh »

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I will try and remove them, and get second hand ones or if they are removable, it would make it an easier job to re-spray!
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Hi,
I took mine out to clean underneath
they are just held on with little black clips
Get a screw driver (with cloth rapped around it) and pry it up at one end. Then just carefully pull up and wiggle a bit and it should pop off bit by bit

:D
bewsh
New

Post by bewsh »

Awesome, thanks alot!