Luxury hand made wax treatment. VW Polo.

Detailing & Bodywork
aarongti
New

Luxury hand made wax treatment. VW Polo.

Post by aarongti »

So I had a spare couple of hours over the weekend to give my gf's Polo a well needed bath & protection top up.

So to start with I used Maxolen Clean All as a pre wash to the lower bodywork, wheels, tyres & arches before rinsing from body work and agitating the other areas with various brushes.

Next up was the 2bm Maxolen Auto Shampoo & CarPro wash mitt.

After a thorough power rinse the wash kit was tidied away before taking the car inside to be protected. Firstly I blow dried the car with the pet dryer then wiped down the whole car with Eraser as this is all I had time for so no claying / cleansing.

Protection of choice - BMD Genesis Hand Made Wax.

First layer of wax curing on the bonnet.

It's very nice to apply, tiny bit of wax on the applicator glaze pad and it seems to spread around forever in a nice even and thin layer. It's best applied to 2-3 panels then wiped away with MF, I prefer to remove when the wax still feels kind of wet as it is most simplest and leaves no smearing. The wax also has very good water behaviour in terms of fast sheeting and tight beading, durability is also very good seeing 4-5 months easily. Obviously optimum performance is achieved if applied over a decontaminated and or polished surface.

First layer applied to the car..

As you can see it leaves a crisp clear finish on the paint.

Next up protection to the glass in the form of ADS 1K coating, this was applied to side & rear windows.. All glass was hand polished with CarPro Ceri Glass then further treated with CarPro Eraser to ensure a nice clean surface.

Front windscreen was treated with ADS Hydrophobic Window Coating..

ADS 1k is a breeze to apply and remove providing it isnt left on the glass too long however the window wipes are a bit tougher but applying in smaller sections then removing is key.

Finally another layer of Genesis wax applied to the car and the tyres dressed with Pinnacle Black Onyx to finish up.

Also to complement the luxury wax range, wooden pots are also crafted from scratch in the BMD workshop.

Here's a quick pic of my GTI, feat 2 coats of BMD Genesis Wax.
Full correction coming soon.

For anyone interested more in the wax range and the hand made wooden wax containers please visit http://www.facebook.com/blackmagicdetail.